Current Jobs Available
We’re recruiting for 2019 and looking for more amazing qualified musicians who want to be part of our incredible team!!!
Here is the current job advertisement on trademe: https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1840996431&ed=true
To apply for a job at Goodtime Music Academy, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome applications even when there aren’t jobs being advertised. We’re growing rapidly and always looking for the best people to join our team.
We encourage you to make sure you’ve had a full read of our vision, our values and have had a look through our facebook page and website to get a clear idea of who we are and what we value.
Goodtime Music Academy’s Vision
There are 3 major goals we strive for in everything we do here at Goodtime Music Academy:
1: We want to see every single child in the greater Wellington area have the opportunity to learn an instrument. We believe that our musical skills are a gift, not to be kept to ourselves, but to be passed on to others.
Whether a student chooses to just learn for a term or to go on to be a professional musician, we want to see every child at least give music lessons a go. The team here at Goodtime Music Academy are committed to this vision and with private lessons, mobile lessons and our community projects we are able to provide lessons to fit any budget.
2: We are passionate about revolutionising the musical education space and everything we create is based on the idea of creating things we wish we had as tutors when we were growing up. Some of our proudest inventions have been our Music Bus, our Rad Rhythm program, our All Access program and our NZ music missions camps. There’s loads more ideas in the pipeline so we are an exciting organisation to get involved with.
3: We want to provide carefully selected musicians with meaningful employment that they can enjoy and be challenged in. We are proud to have provided over 100 musicians with jobs since 2009 and we continue to provide opportunities for team members to progress internally as they develop professionally.
We are very proud of the high standard of our team in terms of their character, musicianship, professionalism and passion for our vision and values.
Goodtime Music Academy Team Values
- We change lives - We believe our work matters and when we give our best it has the power to positively change the lives of everyone that interacts with us
- We brag on everyone but ourselves - We are humble and speak highly of every single team member, always seeking to give the credit to others at every opportunity.
- We are role models - We understand more is caught than taught and we believe integrity is being the same person of upstanding character in our public and private life.
- We believe to be unclear is to be unkind - We give clear expectations so we understand when we’re winning and when we’re falling short.
- We walk towards the mess - We confidently embrace tough conversations with grace and humility because we want what’s best for all parties involved.
- We collaborate, not dictate - We do a disservice to the team when we believe we have nothing to contribute. We are one team made up of individuals that each have a voice that matters.
- We are present - We understand the difference from being in the room and being present and we strive for the latter.
- We are casually excellent - We may get to dress casual to work, but we freaken rock at what we do and have every intention of being the best.
- We are hungry - we work hard, go above and beyond and continually develop ourselves professionally to stay the best.
- We create and innovate - We believe there’s always a more creative way to educate, engage and entertain our students. We never stop raising the bar and embracing our creativity.
What do people do at Goodtime?
We have around 60 team members working here at Goodtime. Everyone plays their part in a number of great teams. We are passionate about creating leaders who are able to step up into multiple areas and have exciting jobs they love and that make a difference.
Youth development Team
Private Tuition Team
Schools Programme Team
Curriculum Development Team
Goodtime Foundation Team
Holiday Programme Team
Pre-tern Mentor Team
Our indoor netball Team